X-BONE
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-10-24

my sig tutorial!

Post  X-BONE on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm

a new sig!

Haha, this is my first tutorial, so take it easy on me.

Alright, so this tutorial is based on a few tutorials I really enjoyed, and a little bit of my own creativity. (Such as the SuperCross tut, and the Glass

Border tut.)

Oh, and I am only taking credit for the wings and the text on the signature.

Before I forget, you will need the following thing(s) for this tutorial:
    ->El&Font Gohtic! (TrueTypeFont) which can be downloaded here. (You need this font for my tut)
    Both Fragment and Splinter (Cross Blur) can be downloaded here.
    Outline Object, right here.
    Last but not least, Drop Shadow. (When you click on the link, click on "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.zip" to download it)
    Oh, and here is the Border plugin.

Here is what you will come up with (I will take the results users posted and use them here for encouragement):

^This one's a little bit different, but that's what tutorials are all about: expanding ideas!

^An avatar I made for my bro Immortal-Rage (That's his name in SOCOM), a little bit different outcome, I made a new one with the "(IR)" rotated so it's on a slant, just haven't uploaded it yet.

Post your results to get them on this list!

(But with different text, etc. of course)

Here's the tutorial:

Part One

1. Adjust your canvas size (or make a new image) to 450(by)150.

2. Then, select the Line / Curve tool tool and set the brush width to 30.

3. Set your primary colour to black, and draw lines as follows (while holding shift to keep them straight ):

4. Now, set your primary colour to grey and draw two more lines as follows:

5. Next, if you don't have the Effects -> Render -> Border plugin, set your primary colour to black, select the Rectangle tool

and set your brush width 10 and draw an equal border (you should know how), otherwise, run the Border plugin (Effects -> Render -> Border) and set the width

to 10 and press ok.

6. Now run Fragment (Effects -> Blurs -> Fragment) (if you do not have it, search for it) at Number of Fragments: 4, Rotation: 50, and Distance: 30 and press

Ok.

7. Now, run Pencil Sketch (Effects -> Artistic -> Pencil Sketch...) at full settings; Tip Size: 20, Range: 20.

8. As for my favourite plug-in...SPLINTER! Run Splinter (Effects -> Blurs -> Splinter) with these settings; Number of Splinters: 4, Rotation: 50, with a

Distance: 120, and set the Mode to Darken.

9. Now, to change the colour, you can either use Curves (Adjustments -> Curves -> RGB), or you can do it the way I do; Colour Tint (Effects ->

Color -> Color Tint), and fool around with the settings to get the colour you want, and you're done...

...Part one. Part two is my part.

Part Two

10. Make a new layer and set your primary color to...wait...depending on what you chose when you coloured your picture, you must choose a

different colour now. Try choosing a darker colour than what you chose before (if you chose blue, choose navy, or if you chose red, choose blood red, etc.).

So, choose which primary colour you feel works best, and set your secondary colour to black. Now, go to Effects -> Render -> Clouds and run clouds with these

settings: Scale: 250, Roughness: 1.00 (highest as it can go), and select Ok.

11. Set the blending mode of the Clouds layer to Additive, and select Ok. Now merge the layer down.

12. Here's where we start adding some text, and wings. But first, add a new layer . Select the Text tool and set the font to

Elf&Font Gohtic with a size of 144. Set your primary colour to white, and click somewhat to the left of the image. Now, type two brackets "()", just like

that on Layer 2 and you should get two wings. Adjust the wings so they are about centered (or run Align Object if you have it!), you want a little bit

missing from the top and bottom like so.

13. Now, to give it that "shiny" look, we're going to go to Effects -> Object -> Outline Object, and give settings of Width: 15, and Softness: 254.

14. Now, merge the layer down, and add another layer . On this new layer, you will be adding the actual text; your name, or your

name plus a website or slogan, etc. Select the Text Tool and select what size you want, depending on your name length. I chose 48, but you can

choose what you want. Set your primary colour to black, and type your text: "(satanuus)". Remember to add the brackets at the beginning and end for the sweet

wings!

15. Now, this is getting close to the last step! Add a new layer , and select the font tool once again . Set your font back to the

El&Font, and set the size to 144. Again, the colour depends on what you chose when you were tinting it, so it's pretty much common sense. I chose red. Do the

two wings again, and position them somewhat like this (remember this is on the third layer):

Basically, what your trying to get out of the wing, is when you change the blending mode, the wing disappears, but the little but of red the was

overlapping the text stays there, giving it a sort of a plaid effect.

16. Now, set the blending mode of the third layer (the one with the red wings) to Additive. That gives it that plaid sorta effect.

17. You can flatten the layers now. (Ctrl+Shift+F)

Part Three

Last but not least, the third and final part:

18. We are going to add a Glass Border (a previous posted tut(orial) by DarkStar91). So, add a new layer , and set your primary colour to grey

(HEX: C0C0C0)

19. On the second layer, either run the Border (Effects -> Render -> Border) with a width of 8. You should have something that looks like this now. (Sorry,

my text is a little bit high, I was in a rush...Yours should be directly in the center of the image)

20. Now, for step 20, duplicate the border layer.

21. On the middle border layer (layer 2), give it a Drop Shadow with these settings:
    ->Offset X: 5
    ->Offset Y: 5
    ->Blur Radius: 6
    ->And uncheck "Keep Original Image"

22. Now go to the top border layer (layer 3) and set its blending mode to Colour Burn.

23. Flatten everything (Ctrl+Shift+F), and make a new layer . On that new layer, do the same as on step 19. Duplicate the border layer (step

19).

24. This time, for the Drop Shadow, run it with these settings (on the middle layer [layer 2])
    ->Offset X: -5 (That's minus 5)
    ->Offset Y: -5 (That's minus 5 again)
    ->Blur Radius: 6 (That's not minus 5)
    ->And uncheck "Keep Original Image"

25. Now, go to the top layer (layer 3) and set its blending mode to Colour Dodge (last time it was Colour Burn, this time Colour Dodge).

What that second border/drop shadow did, was give it cool little boxes on the top right, and bottom left corners.

26. Now you can flatten your image, and you are done!

*Note that the one I did during the tutorial was not the one I showed at the very beginning of my post; that was one I did yesterday, then I

remembered what I did today. Still the same outcome though.

Constructive critism wanted.

Hope you liked it.

G4NGST4 GRILLZ

Current date/time is Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 am